Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sergers and coffee grinds

My mom in law gave me her serger!!! I'm so excited! She has a button on her sewing machine that does this already, so she passed her serger along :)

I dyed some quilt strips today..not tea dying but coffee dying. All I had was loose grinds, so I dumped that in the pot to boil. It would probably have worked fine with regular fabric. I didn't think of the grinds getting caught in the batting *groan*

After they go in the dryer to set the color, I'm planning to wash them. Hopefully that will work. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Craver Vii said...

So when you're busy using the serger (whatever that is), do you say you're in the middle of sergery?

"Sorry kids, Mommy can't come to the phone right now. Tell them that I'm doing sergery, and I'll have to call them back."

Unknown said...

Punny, Craver :)